Friday, November 9, 2018

What Music Lifts My Mood


The mid-term election unleashed the monster Trump, it seems. Banning reporters on trumped-up intern harassment scandals, firing an attorney general, claiming great victory in the face of pretty substantial Democratic gains—Trump seems to have become unhinged.

I shudder to think what he would have been like if the GOP retained the House.

So, I want a break. And here is what I have been listening to when I want to boost my mood. First of all, a couple of songs by the Cranberries, just because they’ve been in my ears a lot recently:





Randomly, on my You Tube recommended list, a video from a youthful LA punk band The Regrettes showed up. They can sure cuss up a storm, but they rock it too, and I confess I’m enjoying their in-your-face teen angst attitude:





I don't think I should post a female-dominated playlist without some Tessa Violet. Her latest has kind of grown on me. I think seeing her do a version of it with Hank Green maybe helped (Vlog bros fans hang in there, Hank shows up about 2 minutes into the second video, the Disneyland one):





Finally, a nice one from Garbage, because who doesn’t need some Garbage now and then? And it sums up my post-election mood:



No comments:

Post a Comment